Job title: Tax Planning Manager
Job description: Overview
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Qualified Accountant experienced in monthly management reporting.
- Trained/experienced in US GAAP and Italian GAAP accounting.
- Prior working experience in a multinational organisation, preferably US based, and matrix organisation.
- Italian corporate and income tax technical expertise.
- Relevant PC skills. Fluent communication skills in Italian and English (native speaker preferred).
- Ability to use initiative, judgement,work with minimum supervision and report to a remotely based Line Manager.
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting practice and theory.
- Analytical awareness and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (preferably J.D. Edwards and Hyperion) International tax experience.
- Working with operational and other non-finance/tax personneleg.
- Providing advice to general management on tax compliance issues.
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC and FCPA requirements.
- Personal Qualitites required for position: Committed person, who enjoys working in a challenging environment.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to work, can work with minimum supervision but will escalate important issues to the appropriate level of management as required.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Willingness to learn, highly motivated.
- Strong communication skills. Good team player.
- Required for future development: Presentation skills.
- Increase industry and commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of international accounting issues.
Assist EM Financial Controller and EM business in providing advice and meeting tax requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the timely preparation, review and submission of Italian tax computations and supervise and assist for the same in other countries.
- Ensure the identification and quantification of any claims the Companies can make within the tax computation.
- Responsible for dealing directly with tax authorities in the handling of any enquiries that may be raised against submitted computations.
- To assist the Statutory Reporting Group by preparing the tax provisions and providing supporting information on a timely basis.
- Provide a review function for CorpTax submissions for East Mediterranean legal entities.
- To provide support to Operational Accountants by assisting with all US GAAP tax accounting requirements, including tax basis balance sheets, payable reconciliations, Return To Accrual reports.
- To assist with advice and support on international tax issues relating to operations outside the Italian territory.
- Work with the Region Tax Manager and Corporate Tax Dept to ensure company policies and initiatives are implemented in the East Mediterranean area.
- Ad hoc tasks relating to EM and region taxes as requested by the East Mediterranean FM, Region Tax Manager and Region Tax Reporting Manager.
Job date: Sat, 27 May 2023 22:44:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!