Job title: Telephone Business Development Manager
Company: Kensington Mortgage Company
Job description: Vacancy Detail
When we started Kensington we were the first specialist lender to offer mortgages to people the high street turned down. Over 25 years later, we’re the UK’s leading specialist mortgage lender still blazing a trail offering people the chance to get a mortgage. Where high street lenders see black and white, we’ve always used our expertise and manual underwriting capability to see the shades in between. In a market where changing lifestyles mean more people are falling outside the traditional mortgage criteria, it’s an approach that can make a real difference to people who want to own a property.
It’s what we call the Kensington Difference.
Overall Purpose of Job
We are looking for an experienced Telephone based Business Development Manager, focussed on building and developing successful relationships with mortgage intermediaries, through inbound and outbound telephone activity.
Working alongside a field based Business Development Manager within a defined geographical sales area, to ensure that mortgage intermediaries receive the best possible sales support, in relation to Kensington¿s products and criteria and how they meet the needs of potential customers.
- To ensure that Kensington Business Development Unit is seen as a centre of excellence for broker sales support and are the first port of call for mortgage intermediaries when dealing with a Specialist case
- To manage inbound call volumes within agreed service levels, ensuring that relationships are developed through dynamic questioning techniques and effective cross-selling of Kensington¿s offering wherever possible
- Providing pre-application submission support to brokers using Kensington¿s online portal, in respect to both general technical assistance and review of declined/referred applications, in order to convert to quality submissions
- To work alongside the sales region¿s field based business development manager, in order to devise a structured outbound calling plan in line with the relevant account segmentation
- To use appropriate questioning techniques, carrying out a fact find to establish account background ie business volumes and customer base
- Provide direct support and assistance to the new business operations team where required to ensure a seamless quality service to mortgage intermediaries
- Attend external exhibitions/events as required to develop Kensington¿s presence in the wider broker community
- To work alongside the sales regions field based business development manager in segmenting relevant databases to maximise contact strategy within field, BDU or campaign teams
- To utilise CRM to plan pro-active calling and record relevant account
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Experience within a similar role speaking to intermediaries through inbound and outbound telephone activity.
- Someone with Good Competitor Awareness who with time can demonstrate knowledge of main competitors and their service levels/key products and criteria.
- Be able to learn and possess a detailed knowledge of the product ranges, able to positively promote the key selling points of the individual products
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role
- To act with integrity at all times and promote good customer outcomes through structured broker support
If successful your offer of employment will be subject to references, DBS check, credit check and will need to hold a valid Passport for Right to work checks.
Our employees are critical to our success. We work hard to ensure that Kensington Mortgages is a great place to work. We recognise the difference it makes to our business when people challenge themselves and take advantage of the development opportunities available so we try and support everyone however we can.
We also recognise the fact that people seek work life balance and continuously develop our benefits offering to create an inclusive and supportive culture where differences that exist between us all are recognised, understood and valued.
We offer a number of benefits which can be found
If you want to make a Difference, apply now.
Vacancy Description : Telephone Business Development Manager
Location: Kensington, West London
Job date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 04:20:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!