Job title: UK Aftermarket Business Development Manager – Off Highway (Hybrid)
Job description: UK Aftermarket Business Development Manager – Off Highway (Hybrid)
We are looking for a talented Aftermarket Business Development Manager to join our team in Wellingborough. You will be a key part of UK aftermarket sales team, sharing knowledge and insights with colleagues and provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced members of the sales team to help develop commercial acumen. This is a hybrid role but does require at least 2 days per week travelling as well as at least one day at a Cummins site.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Prospects and develops new opportunities to grow the business. Independently develops/executes account plans to build customer relationships and achieve sales goals within the assigned sales territory, market segment or channel partners.
- Develops opportunities to increase sales by identifying, researching and contacting prospective customers. Develops and executes account plans for top prospects and conducts agreed upon face-to-face sales calls.
- Develops new customer relationships and strengthens current customer relationships that enable identification of a customer’s needs, business model and buying process.
- Uses understanding of customer needs and priorities to identify and offer Cummins solutions.
- Gains agreement on the differential advantage of Cummins solutions by helping the customer understand and evaluate existing data and information and the value proposition.
- Brings current and emerging needs of the customer and market to their manager/director.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines, including payment terms. Assists with collection of accounts receivables when needed.
- Drives sales, achieving sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction. Maintains and strengthens customer relationships to generate future sales and repeat business. Responds to customer concerns in a timely fashion.
- Consistently uses the Cummins Sales Process as well as Cummins tools, processes, and initiatives that support sales, customer satisfaction, and customer value, e.g., Customer Relationship Management and special projects.
- Reports activity via the Customer Relationship Management tool per management direction. Produces sales forecasts as directed.
Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced account executives.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Account Planning – Identifies objectives to drive execution of business and/or account strategy by reviewing the status relative to where it needs to be and enabling tracking of progress against targets.
Adapts to target audience – Explains complex topics (significant technical data, subject matter expertise, etc.) in such a way that the target audience (e.g. sales professionals, customers, training vendors, etc.) can understand, retain, and use the information
Developing Account Strategy – Determines current status of account in terms of relationship, financial, product competitiveness, barriers, quality, and service and defining desired future state by balancing customer requirements and business capabilities in order to define achievable targets aligned with the business strategy.
Integrates Customer Perspective – Incorporates an understanding of the customers’ perspective on our products and sales efforts to develop sales content that improves our ability to meet their needs and increase revenue.
Sales Forecasting – Collects and assesses customer data from internal and external sources; compares against historical data to determine useful inputs and create a forecast of future consumption patterns.
Sales Pipeline Management – Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities accordingly; as applicable coaches sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
Articulating Value Proposition – Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer’s specific needs to differentiate against competition.
Pricing Strategy – Develops prices by aligning and building consensus with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business targets.
Channel Awareness – Explains and contextualizes industry structure, dynamics, and path to market in order to advance organizational goals.
Business insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Negotiations Excellence – Utilizes tools and methods in negotiations to achieve Cummins stakeholder objectives and achieve a mutually agreed upon all contract terms between all parties.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales or a related subject, or acceptable sales related work experience, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Action oriented and entrepreneurial in approach to growing aftermarket business: seeks opportunities for growth within existing customer base, as well as looking for opportunities with new customers through attendance at trade shows, online research and analysis on territory.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand service agreements and offerings within market.
- Holds commercial accountability for key customers, working closely with inside sales team who provide day-to-day customer support.
- Supports achievement of profitability targets across off-highway customer base.
- Develops market knowledge to become ‘go-to’ person for off highway segment.
- Worked alongside first-fit sales team to form part of account teams for key OEMs
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Wellingborough, CUK Cummins Diesel OP10
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Apr 17, 2023, 10:41:17 AM
Unposting Date May 1, 2023, 5:59:00 PM
Organization Distribution Business
Req ID: 23000404
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Job date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 23:46:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!