Job title: Business Development Manager – Solar & Battery Storage
Job description: Our client is a growing renewable energy developer specialising in the planning and development of large-scale photovoltaic and battery storage system power plants, from initial site selection to connection and commissioning. They have a proven track record in several markets with projects under development in the UK, Australia, Chile, and the USA.
Due to continued growth, they are seeking to expand their development team with the appointment of a Business Development Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for expanding a multi-megawatt pipeline of high value solar and energy storage projects by identifying new markets for the company to enter and preparing market entry strategies.
The role also entails managing business development activities in the company’s four existing markets (UK, USA, Chile and Australia). As such the role will significantly influence the company’s commercial growth, profitability and strategic direction. As such, the job requires extensive travel around the UK and abroad.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Screening various international markets that are potentially suitable for the company to develop renewable energy projects and producing market reports / entry strategies for various renewable energy technologies;
- Documenting development processes in new and existing markets / reviewing risks and opportunities;
- Leading the origination of new prospects, the screening and evaluation of development project opportunities and negotiation of commercial and legal terms;
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects to ensure that financial objectives are achieved in a dynamic environment; and
- Managing business development personnel (internal and external) in the company’s existing markets to define strategy and targets and periodically reporting on project pipeline, competition, market developments.
- Degree level qualified or equivalent relevant experience. Further qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable working in different languages and cultures and preferably have experience in developing projects and businesses in emerging markets;
- Self-motivated, persistent, hardworking, and personable;
- Experience of working within a similar role in the energy sector;
- Understanding of key value drivers in renewable energy development projects
- An understanding of planning and environmental processes for energy project development;
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing business strategy projects;
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Commercial awareness and acumen;
- Understanding of PV and competing technologies;
- Experience in preparing market research reports would be valuable; and
- Must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
Expected salary: £60000 – 70000 per year
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Job date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 07:16:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!