Job title: Principal Risk Manager
Company: Atomic Weapons Establishment
Job description: We have a wonderful opportunity for a Principal Risk Manager to join us at the Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
This is an exciting time to join us as a Principal Risk Manager as we begin working towards updating the weapons on all of the submarines in the UK CasD programme. We require amazing people to support the programme, this could be you.
We are located in the countryside between Reading and Basingstoke with onsite parking. There are good bus links between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury.
Salary: Starts at £55,540 Negotiable (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site
- Death in service benefit
We would like you to have experience of the following:
A typical day for a Principal Risk Manager could look like this:
You will be accountable to the Head of Risk and Opportunity Management to partner with the Programme Directors, customer stakeholders up to 2 level, and AWE Executive Directors to advise on various types of risks, identify potential threats and create and manage plans to prevent and mitigate problems in support in achieving their Objectives in line with business objectives and risk appetite.
We need you to have experience of:
- Project controls processes for planning, estimating and cost-control
- Working with Risk Database software i.e. Active Risk Manager (ARM) etc.
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) software i.e. Safran and Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA)
We would like you to have (but it’s not a deal breaker):
- Degree educated in Risk Management or project controls but, this isn’t essential.
- Relevant Professional Memberships and/or qualifications from appropriate bodies (i.e. the IRM, APM, MoR)
- Facilitate the effective management and mitigation of the programme risk exposure
- Own the risk information produced by the programme and use the data
- Provide strategic and tactical risk insight and thinking
- Assist Head of Risk to manage and maintain an end to end risk profile
- Presenting risk profile in reports and governance processes
- Understand business financial model and contribution at sub functional and programme level on performance, delivery and cost
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by us) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post. This role has a strong requirement to be on site often in line with operational need.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Closing date: 28th May 2023
If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy may close early.
Please feel free to reach out for more information via:
Sunflower (Sunny) Montague LinkedIn
Expected salary: £55540 per year
Location: Aldermaston, Berkshire
Job date: Thu, 18 May 2023 07:12:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!