Job title: Sales & Business Development Manager – Land and SF
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Job description: Job Description
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customersâ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customersâ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sales & Business Development Manager â Land and Special Forces
Job Code: SAS20232806-102996
Job Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire OR Fleet, Hampshire
We can offer you flexible working practices and a hybrid working pattern, with time in our offices and your home, to enable a good work-life balance
Important to know:
Due to the nature of this role you will need to be a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Tewkesbury and Fleet are part of our ICI division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies primarily in the areas of crypto/cyber security, electronic warfare, counter drone capabilities and situation awareness projects.
About the role:
As the Sales & Business Development Manager, your specific focus will be on Land, Special Forces (SF) and Special Operations Forces (SOF) within UK and NATO. You will be responsible for identifying and growing new routes to market, leading customer market towards the Intel and Cyber International (ICI) EMEA Strategy, cultivating effective industry partnerships, developing new market opportunities, and closing prospects or defined opportunities. You will maintain relationships with our current customers and key stakeholders, including facilitating wider ICI EMEA team engagement. As the Sales & Business Development Manager you will work closely with the Programmes & Engineering departments to ensure ICI EMEA has the best, most profitable response to customer needs; fully supporting the development and implementation of strategy, providing key inputs to product planning decisions by articulating market pull and customer requirements.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What Youâll Be Doing
- Responsible for the Business Development and Sales activities in allocated regions and portfolios, to achieve defined annual order intake targets and profitability in line with the divisional Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and published strategy.
- Grow Customer Funded Development (CFD) opportunities in current & new areas, leading to the funding of current technology roadmaps, new product streams and wider business prospects.
- Accountable for systematically analysing the market, customers and competitors in a defined region so as to deliver a highly accurate, rolling 5-year divisional order forecast and prospect pipeline.
- Develop and maintain respective KPIs relating to order forecast accuracy, win rate and opportunity pipeline effectiveness.
- Support and manage defined customer Accounts to grow the Account revenue.
- Minimum SC Cleared or a willingness (and capability) to achieve DV
- Proven and demonstrable experience in defence and / or security industry
- Relevant Military service or Government experience
- Ability to build and maintain a network of contacts spanning the domain of interest.
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact and lead internal and external senior customers across all levels.
- Closing sales opportunities of circa Â£10m as well as further developing and building the orders pipeline.
- Track record of best practice in developing business winning campaigns and effective capture plans to close complex prospects.
- Excellent negotiator, experienced at managing and resolving conflicts.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Full driving licence.
What else could be helpful to be successful in this role
- A background in working with SF / SOF across any domain is advantageous
- Experience of sales to SF / UKIC SOF is desirable
- Strong understanding of defence and security customers, the market dynamics and requirements, in particular those operating in the EW and CUAS space.
- Market driven approach including market assessment, market analysis and strategic relationship building.
- International and domestic experience with the appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Appreciation of the technologies, capabilities and solutions ICI EMEA offers its customers and the future roadmaps.
- Knowledge of current (and future) defence and security capability acquisition programmes and the associated procurement processes.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team whilst encouraging and fostering teamwork, open to others ideas and input.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 05:33:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!